GameRooster.com Forums

Go Back   GameRooster.com Forums > Support Forums > Bulletin Board FAQ

Old 12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

You just can't help yourself...

IP addresses have nothing to do with email addresses... But rest assured, I know your IP addresses... After all, I am the Admin and don't forget it....

Websters definition

1 : perversely adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion <obstinate resistance to change>

2 : not easily subdued, remedied, or removed <obstinate fever>

and as to deleting your posts, I'm going to follow the wise words of a great man I knew...

Quote:
"It's better to keep ones mouth shut and and have others think you're a dumbass than to open it and leave no doubt..."
Old 12-28-2008, 07:42 PM

i have been a member since 05 i think. and i have two free e-mails one at hotmail and one at yahoo both are sawman65@. i would never use my isp e-mail its too easy to hack and corrupt. that said it would be sad to lose red, me and i am sure many others to such a rule.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:49 PM

...and yes i figured you could look up the IP..so you know i'm at the job site now...and sometimes my home...sometimes the hotel...sometimes over the girlfriends...and sometimes the free wi-fi cafes...sometimes my son's air card...thats the beauty of a laptop...easy to carry around...

...so after all of that...and you knowing folks IP...why would you like it to go "certified e-mail"?...thats the part i dont understand?...if you have a bad apple, you cant block the IP address?...its for sure been done in chat before...

Quote:
..."It's better to keep ones mouth shut and and have others think you're a dumbass than to open it and leave no doubt..."
...as far as the dumbass part...dont get called that often...in fact usualy the opposite...but have been called special, but i knew that when i got to go to special-ed....

Quote:
...perversely adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion...
...i guess this is the part of the deafination you ment sence you made it bigger and darker on your earlier post...i wouldn't say peversely...but i guess there are some who get off on words...but yes i usualy do stand my ground, despite argument and bullied persuasion...most real cockers do...

...but hey i guess its to the point, of i'm not gonna change your mind, and your not gonna change mine...and like the next quote says, your the boss of the site, so recon it will be your way in the end...

Quote:
... After all, I am the Admin and don't forget it....
...oh i wont...seems most admins and mods remind folks enough, that no one can forget...

(this post and all previously are ment with no ill intent nor anamosity, just stating my opinion on the issue)

...redzone...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
....your the boss of the site....
...sorry i guess i should have said "the boss's apointed boss" (or as commonly used on the ranch "straw boss"..as in the boss, but not the owner)...or at least i dont think your richard r, please correct me if i'm wrong...

...and hey also for the record...i figure your job as admin is like hoe-ing between a rock and a hard place...tough...and i feel reasonbably sure you have helped the site in many ways...but on the e-mail deal...i think it's a mistake...

...redzone...
Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman65 View Post
...i would never use my isp e-mail...
...ditto on that sawman...redzone...
Old 12-28-2008, 08:24 PM

I would say most people don't even have an email from their service provider,It's lousy and most change providers annually.I have used the same email for the past ten years.Your new rules will probably drop this site further down the popularity chart as far as GF sites go.:Possibly it could go by way of the dinosaur
Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 AM

hum

well i dont think its a bad thing to try and stop the ara people .
i for one would gladly give my drivers licens number to the site to prove who i am. it dont have my ss # on it but dose prove who i am ..
i think any legitimate person would do the same . maaybe
i do think its good to restrick the wamkers from here ..
god knows the lose lips here have sunk plenty of ships .
Old 08-06-2009, 03:13 AM

Randy M, Tosto

Been me since birth, but that hotmail account has only been with me since the internet started.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:13 AM

R.M. Tosto, why quote spam? It only furthers their agenda. It also makes the Mods job harder. fis

It's too bad that all the people that know how this country should be run, are busy driving cabs and cutting hair. .........George Burns

In reading recent posts.....I will add, professed cockers to the list. lol