GameRooster.com Forums

Go Back   GameRooster.com Forums > Support Forums > Bulletin Board FAQ

Old 02-05-2006, 06:09 PM

Harold Brown Hatch

if any one knows any good information on the Harold Brown Hatch it would be greatly apperciated...
Old 02-06-2006, 06:53 PM
adpeeler

harold brown

the harold brown hatch ie the same as the red fox hatch just when people got them years ago from harold brown people just called them that harold brown hatch if you get them from someone that has had them for a while they are great birds the old blood is better than the new but both are good
Old 02-12-2006, 01:43 PM
gamefowl_3d

I have had the Harold Brown fowl for a long time, they are very good fowl and I can say I have never had any to quit or sull and when taken care of and properly conditioned they have a very high win percentage pure, they cross well with roundhead, hatch and claret I am sure they cross well with other breeds also, The story I heard was they were bred 7/8 Ted Mcclean yellow legged hatch and a 1/8 of leiper hatch, but it doesn't matter to me how they were bred the ones I got are good honest fowl that can win. 3-D
Old 02-12-2006, 01:45 PM
gamefowl_3d

I have had the Harold Brown fowl for a long time, they are very good fowl and I can say I have never had any to quit or sull and when taken care of and properly conditioned they have a very high win percentage pure, they cross well with roundhead, hatch and claret I am sure they cross well with other breeds also, The story I heard was they were bred 7/8 Ted Mcclean yellow legged hatch and a 1/8 of leiper hatch, but it doesn't matter to me how they were bred the ones I got are good honest fowl that can win. The only bad thing I can say about them as the cocks get older they sometimes would go spraddle legged, but years of selective breeding has stopped that problem with mine. 3-D p.s. sorry for the double post
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM

Smile h.b hatch

i have them anthey are the old ones they do good pure but the h.b. grey/h.b.hatch=bombs!!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:35 PM

Harold Brown

What can I say, The best fowl I have ever owned. Very well rounded fowl. Some of the gamest fowl also.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:27 PM

Hatch

Mine came from Harold Brown around 20yrs ago.Lots of bottom,very gentle.He said they were Leipers.Dark red fowl,green legs,red eyes,pea comb.I really like them.Dont know much about Red Fox Fowl.